So I got this pattern during Hancocks 99 cent sale a while back. Today I finally decided to use it. First I must mention that I have never had much luck with patterns and cringe at the thought of using one. I cut out my pieces, picked the fabric, and dove in. I even followed the directions and everything. Everything except measuring my girls first. I just cut out size 5 since thats the size they wear. Well, here is the result of a whole day of sewing...
Yep, they're huge. I mean really, how could I have gotten it so wrong? And what five year old are they making this pattern to fit? They look so much bigger in person than in these pics.
Oh well, chalk it up to a learning expierience. Next time I will measure.
And the girls still love them anyway. They are so sweet, they still love anything I make for them. It will be so sad when the day comes that it won't be cool to wear clothes your mom makes. Until then they have some new dresses to toss in the dress-up pile.
My baby Sarah is in need of some summer clothes. Instead of going out and buying them for her, I took her winter pants and turned them into spring/summer capris.
This is no new feat for most, I know, but it is new for me. I'm not usually a thrify person. I love shopping in thrift stores but I do that for fun. While times are tight and most of our money goes to gas and food, I am going to challenge myself to spend less and save more. I think my sewing hobby is going to prove to be quite useful.